Saturday, June 13, 2009

If you see us moving into your neighborhood in the middle of the night, I swear we're not winos.

So, hey, uh, long time no see, huh? Sorry about that. I have a wriggling mobile creature to keep up with now. Ben has figured out he can move forward now, and he refuses to be a lap baby any longer. You should see us trying to hold onto him while trying to do stuff on the internet. The problem is we don't have much floor space that isn't dog infested in our trailer. So he learned the crawling basics on the bed. And then he crawled 3 or 4 feet for the first time on the floor in the play area at the Pocatello mall while we were there visiting my sister in law and her new baby (holy crap, that kid is cute). This was about a week ago. He gets frustrated because he's still working out the kinks, but he can get around. So we can't really corral him on the bed anymore. He's started to lunge over obstacles like the pillows we put around him to keep him in one place while we wash our hands after a diaper change. I knew our house would feel even smaller once Ben became mobile, and it does.

The very very good news is that our offer was accepted on the house we want. Yay! I've been making plans and decorating it in my head for weeks. We have our home inspection set for Monday. I hope I hope I hope it goes well. We really really like this house, and I can definitely see us being there for the next ten years or so. There's enough space for all of our hobbies and for Ben and any other kids we have. I'm really excited about it. Can you tell? Our realtor told us that if everything goes without a hitch, we could possibly close by the end of the month. That would be pretty incredible.

So, to prepare for our impending move, we decided to procure some boxes. I don't like buying boxes because I'm cheap, and there are plenty of used boxes that need good homes. I called the local liquor store, and they told us to come on over as they had plenty of boxes to impart to us. So whoever sees us moving in to our house will probably think we're total lushes. You'd have to be drinking a LOT of liquor to come up with all those boxes on your own. And, well, we'll probably be moving in the middle of the night because that's just how we roll, you know? We're definitely night people.

I'm really not looking forward to the packing and the unpacking, though. Every other time we've moved, it's started out organized, but by the end of it, we would just start throwing crap into boxes all willy nilly. Then we end up having boxes full of random stuff, and we don't know where to put any of it. So we end up having unpacked boxes sitting around for the next year or two. It's happened once or twice. True story. We'll get through it, though. We always do.

On the ppd front, I'm hoping this move helps. I think it will give me some motivation to make things better instead of wallowing in my own despair. My meds seem to be working less and less. I don't particularly want to increase the dose, though. I would rather pursue other methods of treatment. So when I go to my doc for my lady appt next week (oh, joy), I'll probably ask her for a referral to a therapist.

One last thing, and it's a happy thing- I'm twelve pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant last year. Yay! That's a total of 64 lbs that I've lost since the peak of my pregnant weight gain. And yes, I believe my butt does look good in these jeans I'm wearing.

5 comments:

  1. It's so funny because I totally would have thought you were winos. You act drunk ALL THE TIME! Plus I heard you give Benjamin whiskey in his bottle to help him sleep. So I'm glad that is all cleared up for me. On a related note, I really really really hope the house works out! For both selfish and unselfish reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very very excited too and I still want pictures of the house! Oh my a new tooth and getting around on his own! He'll be dancing soon cause he loves to dance when you hold him! I want to come there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our inspection on Monday too, so good luck to the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about class... Liquor boxes?! Knowing your personal history, I would have assumed you would go talk to a Domino's pizza for boxes. But I guess things change when you move to the upside-down mullet state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! The upside down mullet state! That was a good one!

    Ahem, so about your post.... Love the title of the post. I would probably think you guys were winos if you moved in next to me. :)
    Good luck with the house thing. I've been down that road and I know how frustrating it can be. I really, really hope you get it. As far as packing goes, I detest it. But I thoroughly enjoy unpacking. So fun to put things in their new place!

    ReplyDelete