Monday, August 04, 2008

Wilted

Ugh. Have you ever lived in a trailer with no air conditioning? (Well, I know Shiloh and Michael have) Our a/c stopped blowing cool air on Saturday afternoon. So Saturday in our house was warm, but not completely unbearable. Sunday, however, I wanted to die. It was SO hot! It was over 90 inside (and it felt cooler outside all day). We tried using fans to pull in cool air from outside. We tried using our little roll around swamp cooler I still have from when I lived in Caldwell. And we ended up living in a bayou trapped in a tin can for the day.
Oh my gosh, it was awful. I actually cried, I was so upset because I didn't know how we were possibly going to fix it. Broken a/c = lots and lots of money. We actually slept in the bed of Chris' truck (it has a cover on it) because it felt so much better outside than it did inside. And we also still have our old bed in the back of it, so we were fairly comfortable. It got a little chilly, but it was better than being sweltering hot all night and waking up in puddles of our own heat.
So, this morning I called the first number on my list for heating and air, and they said they could actually send someone in the next few hours. Needless to say, I went ahead and scheduled. Their diagnostic fee just to come out was within range with other places I've heard of, so I was hoping the rest of their fees would be reasonable as well. The guy got here right on time, and found our problem almost immediately. It didn't take him long to fix it, and besides the diagnostic fee, he only had us pay for the part he replaced. So we ended up only paying $155 in all. !!!! And the cool air is so so sweet! I couldn't be happier at this moment, actually.
I've also almost finished that little dress for my niece. I just have to sew the rest of the little flowers on, but I'll show you a picture anyway.


This is what the finished front looks like. I just have to sew flowers onto the back. I can't wait to see her chubby little legs poking out underneath.

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!!! I can't wait to see her chubby little legs poking underneath it either. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always say i'd rather be too hot than too cold, until it reaches like 90 degrees or higher and then i can't wait for it get cold again. it's a vicious cycle. the heat must've been pretty uncomfortable and frustrating that you actually cried because of it! that's never good. i'm glad they got the ac fixed though, and it wasn't too shabby of a price.

    ReplyDelete