Tuesday, March 01, 2011

A two for one special

They're here, folks.  We woke up ridiculously early last Tuesday morning (2/22) and went to the hospital to have us some babies.  It was really weird for me as I sat in triage for a non stress test for the babies and an IV for me as I thought about how I would be leaving there in a few days as a mother of three instead of one.  I didn't really have any anxiety about how the c-section would go, but I did have a bit of anxiety about the babies' health.  Just because that's what a mom tends to do.  Well, I do anyway.  I worry about the unknown.

My surgery started promptly at 7:30 am.  Half of the staff in the room had twin children (or triplets) and one person was a twin.  Everyone was also pretty excited about delivering my twins.  My spinal was administered easily, and it wasn't too painful.  They weren't kidding when they told me how fast it would take effect.  My legs were half numb by the time they pulled them up onto the table.  And then there was all the prep, and everyone chatted and joked.  It was a pretty pleasant atmosphere in spite of being mostly naked and numb on a big table with lots of strangers crowded around me.  And my stomach, of course, was just ridiculously huge.  Chris took his place behind the blue curtain at my head, and things got underway.

Pretty quickly, I heard my doctor proclaim the presence of Baby A's head and very shortly thereafter I heard an angry cry.  And then they pulled him the rest of the way out.  He was so mad about leaving, he started yelling about it before he was even entirely born.  After that, I felt more weird tugging around in my abdomen, and my doctor laughing about how slippery Baby B was.  Pretty quickly, they pulled him out, though.  We heard another angry cry.  I cried, of course.  It all seemed very unreal from the beginning until I heard those babies cry.

Bruce Banner (left) was born at 7:47 am, weighing 7 lbs 6.5 oz.  Logan X was born at 7:49 am, weighing 7 lbs 3.5 oz.  They are amazing and incredible and awesome.  And I'll tell you more about them later when I have slept some. :)

4 comments:

  1. aw! i love those little babies getting borned and so glad chris could be there! wish i could snuggle them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you'll tell us more in about five years, then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so presh! What cute babes they are. Wish I could be there to help out!

    ReplyDelete