Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh, I'm terrible, aren't I? I should really update more. I actually think of things to post on my blog when I'm going to sleep at night, but those thoughts never seem to get anymore attention when I wake in the morning. As you can see, I'm officially 10 weeks along this week. I actually graduated from my reproductive endocrinologist last week with the capture of this picture:



And we also were able to see this little one moving around like crazy before he/she settled down to pose for photos. My baby looks like a baby! Well, kind of like a caveman baby. I wonder if we could sell the picture to Geico for commercials... I also had my first official OB appointment this week. I triumphed over the billing department! They wanted $150 up front. I politely told them that I would gladly pay anything my insurance wouldn't, but considering I'm covered pretty well, I would not be giving them any of my hard earned cash at this time. I pretty much thought they'd kick my poor butt out, but the receptionist came back and told me it was fine because I have a good payment history. Victory is sweet, isn't it? Whew! Nothing exciting happened at the appointment other than my awesomeness over billing. We're going to hear the heartbeat at my next appt, though.

Pretty much everyone at work knows I'm pregnant now. Which is fine. But I hate it when people are congratulating me (I don't hate that part) and then they keep looking down at my stomach. I can see the question scrolling in their minds, "Is she already showing, or is she just fat? Wow, it's pretty early for her to be showing." You'd think none of them have had babies before. I mean, come on, do you know how freaking bloated pregnant women get? In the morning, I look normal, but by the end of the day the paunch has made its home on my gut. Speaking of paunch however, I'm already feeling some pressure from my doctor not to gain too much weight. I know it's important not to gain too much, but it just stresses me out. Weight has always stressed me out.

Nothing else of interest has been happening as of late. I'm still soooo tired. Not a lot of morning sickness, thankfully. I'm usually nauseous at least once or twice a day, but I haven't puked very much at all. Yay! A coworker of mine thinks the baby is a boy because my morning sickness isn't very bad. I don't really think it makes a difference, though. Although, that's question people ask me a lot, "Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?". Well, I don't really care if we have a boy or a girl. I just really hope we have a healthy full term baby with no complications. The other most common question is "How are you feeling?" This one catches me off guard because they usually ask it before making any reference to my pregnancy. At first I have no idea why they are asking me that. And before I realize why they ask, I always answer that I'm feeling fine. Which is usually true, but even if I was feeling sick at the time, I'd probably just say I was fine. I guess I just feel like they're odd questions for strangers to ask me. I can already sense their fingers aching for a rub on my tummy. And frankly, it kind of scares me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes the ever "what are you hoping for boy or girl?" question. I've received many confused looks when I've said I just want a healthy baby. (These are from those who don't know my history).

    It's strange how fertility issues change a mothers perspective. My lil sis still says "I want 2 kids, a boy first and then a girl" Sometimes I want to shake her and say "Hello!! It doesn't matter which comes first, be happy if you don't inherit my issues"

    Or the people who say "Okay I'm trying for baby #3, I'll be pregnant in 2 weeks!" or "Ugh baby 3 is another boy!" ahhhhh :)

    I've received the weight talk too...only mine was because I lost 10 lbs in the 1st trimester and I've only gained 5 back so far. Believe me I eat everything in sight! I still don't think I should gain more than 15, but we'll see.

    10 more weeks (or sooner if you're OB is cool) and you'll know what you're having (if you're finding out). We need to go shopping together! OH I should totally come to Boise to got to Baby's R Us!!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell them you hope it's a human, since you were scared by a llama early in the pregnancy

    ReplyDelete