Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Uuuugggghhhhhh....

You know, I'm trying really hard to be a good sport about this morning sickness thing, but it just really really sucks.  I could at least tolerate it if I could just feel better after I hurl.  But of course not!  The focus of much of my day is to not puke.  And sometimes I lose it by the end of the day, and it's just bile.  I try to keep something in my stomach all the time because it's worse when I'm hungry, but it doesn't seem to be working so well anymore.  The dr's office offered me Zofran if it gets too unbearable, but I've read that it mostly just keeps you from throwing up, but you still feel sick.  I don't know.  Maybe I should try it.  Sometimes my nausea is debilitating.  If I move, I will puke.  I know.  Whine, whine, whine.  Well, I guess I can because it's my blog.  So there.

In preparation for Operation: Outnumber Mommy Overkill, we traded in my husband's truck for a minivan.  I'm not really one of those people who gets hung up about what kind of car I drive, so I'm not worried about looking like a soccer mom or anything.  Anyone who thinks that will see my slovenly butt get out of the car and perhaps change their mind.  Or not.  I don't care. 

But now I'm obsessed with the possibility that I may somehow land in a body of water somewhere and not be able to get all of my children out of the car.  I told this to my husband, and his response was, "Just don't drive into a lake or anything."  But what if a semi rams into me on a bridge?!  So I'm going to have to get one of these to be able to cut seat belts and break a window if I ever need to.  But two infants and a toddler?!  The idea of not being able to save one (or more) of them scares the pee pee out of me.  I know I'm being a little ridiculous here, but it still seriously freaks me out.  Luckily you don't cross quite as many long bridges over rivers in southern Idaho as you do in the northern part. 
Although, just a few years ago, there were five kids going to school (this happened in my husband's home town), and they slid on an icy road into a pond.  They all drowned.  I didn't even know these children, but I couldn't even read that article just now without crying, I'm still sad about it.  I also find it hard not to cry when I drive by that pond.  I can't imagine what it must be like for their parents.  So maybe that has something to do with why I'm so freaked out about my kids drowning in a car and me not being able to do anything about it.  It's just so horrible and tragic.
Yes, I know.  I'm crazy. 

Man, now I feel like Debbie Downer.

8 comments:

  1. She reminds me of one of my companions... wha whaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gravy! Eve with the bears and you with the car evacuation scenario. I swear, people will think we were raised by Chicken Little.

    I'm with Chris, just don't drive into a lake and you'll be fine.

    If only we were more paranoid when we were teenagers we wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I feel your pain! Seriously!

    Zofran did NOTHING for me, except stop all possibility of a nice poop again ever for THE REST OF MY LIFE KTHXBAI.

    Someone on my blog suggested 1/2 a Unisom at bedtime, with 50mg of B6. And it is actually working for me. I don't feel as sick at all (read: I can function). The only problem is that I have sleeping pill hangover and am kind of sleepy all day. But I'll take that over being barfy all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only one thing to say...Trust the Lord. And that is how I made it thru with 6 kids by myself. That and Cheryl, but I see you have plenty of friends that love you (and you hsve me too that loves you..a lot). Also you have a husband (who is great) and a blog to talk to. It'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that is so weird you brought up your fear of driving into a body of water with your kids because I just thought about the same thing the other day as I was driving. Don't ask me why that popped into my head, it just did and it freaks me out to think about too! You're not ridiculous. I think once you have a child you worry so much more than before they entered your life.
    I'm so sorry about the nausea. I hate nausea more than anything. I'd rather have a head cold than be sick to my stomach all day every day. I heard the B vitamins help. Try sucking hard candies, maybe that will help too.
    Luvs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TWINS!?!?!!! That is SOOOOO AWESOME! Seriously, I am so happy for you & that you are filling up your Swagger Wagon! =)

    Congratulations Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same fear but with 4 kids and many bridges to drive over. At least 2 of them can swim now. You're not crazy. Or maybe I you are and I am too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A chicken saw a breeze, a blowin' in the trees. She thought it was a lion, about to sneeze. Her shadow on the ground, followed her around. She got so scared she made a squawkin' sound.... Come on Bekah, don't you remember that Teddy Ruxpin bear that you had?

    ReplyDelete