Monday, February 11, 2008

I suppose I should finally respond to this. Jamie and Chris both singled me out. Eve, consider yourself tagged.
1. Where did you meet your husband? We met each other on the internets. Just two lonely fools looking for love in cyberspace... Er, um... yuck. I think I just threw up in my mouth.
2. What was the first thing said? I'm pretty sure I made the first move. I saw that Chris had looked at my profile pretty much non stop for three days, so I decided to break the ice for him. I sent him a message admiring his goals of growing a mullet and owning a Camaro one day. I also told him I was looking forward to seeing the Incredible Hulk movie. What can I say? We were pretty much meant for each other.
3. What was your first date? I'm assuming you mean the first date that didn't involve a computer. We met each other out in Utah, and my brother was hesitant to leave me with this hairy seemingly insane stranger (that would be Chris). Lucky for me, my brother hates me. Yay!
4. How long did you date? We dated for over a year or something. I don't know, dates escape me. Hey, at least I remember our anniversary.
5. Where did you get engaged? After foiling Chris' attempts at his secret plan of plans to woo me into matrimony, we went to my apartment and watched Pirates of the Caribbean. When the credits rolled, I asked him if he wanted to watch the special features to which his reply was, "Here's a special feature." Then he pulled my ring out from under the blanket we had over us and flashed it at me. I just kind of looked wide eyed and drooled a bit (you'd think he would've maybe put the ring down at that point), and he asked, "Well, how 'bout it?" Poor guy. Of course, I squealed like never before (really. I'm not exactly a squealer).
6. When did you know you loved each other? I don't know. I was so twitterpated over him. We communicated through email a lot because instant messenger programs were forbidden on his family's computer. Chris is a really funny guy. I think that it was a bit of an advantage getting to know him on the internet because he's fairly dead pan in person (well, unless you know him already). I know I was pretty much in love with him by the time I moved out to Moscow, though.
7. What does your ring look like? Pretty much like a fairy princess. It's white gold with a diamond in the middle and swirlies around the diamond. I still get happy warms feelings when I look at it. Oh, crap. I think I just threw up in my mouth again.
8. Where did you get married? In the Boise Idaho LDS Temple
9. How did the reception go? We had a very small reception that was planned in about three days. It went well, but we were sooooo tired by the time we left. Then we had to drive around forever trying to find a hotel room because all the rooms in Boise were booked. When we found one, they gave us a discount because we were still in our wedding clothes. So that was pretty cool.
10. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Honeymoon? We were supposed to have one of those?
11. Do you have pet-names for each other? Not really.

12. What's your favorite thing to do together? We have very different hobbies, but I like it when we can do our hobbies together. Like when I'm knitting and he's painting or reading a magazine, but we're in the same room. Holy crap, we're really boring, aren't we? I guess one thing we really like to do together is to go on road trips. We really like to drive around together. Okay, we're still boring.
13. Do you show affection for each other? Almost constantly, actually. I like it.
14. Do you have a song? I have to agree with Chris. We have a whole album. Scorpions - The Best of Rockers 'n' Ballads rocks the freakin' casbah. I think Chris bought it used at Hastings, and we listened to it all the way to Spokane where he was taking me to the airport. Incidentally, that also happened to be the first time we professed out love for each other (parting is such sweet sorrow, you know).
15. Do you like pygmy goats or regular goats better? This is a trick question, right? I mean, why would you want a normal sized goat when you could have a tiny goat that can jump five feet in the air with all the benefits of the normal sized goat with less mess? Really, there's just no contest.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you posted these! chris really is a funny guy. gotta love the sense of humor, right? it sounds like you guys were made for each other. now, don't go throwing up in your mouth because of what i said though, okay?

    ReplyDelete