Thursday, November 29, 2007

I just watched the new Hairspray. Holy crap! I love it so much! I hope I dream about it every night for three weeks. Well, maybe only two and a half. Three is excessive, I agree. That movie was freaking fantastic. I'm totally in love with it. I've been wanting to see it ever since it was in the theater, but there's no way I'd make Chris go and watch it with me. I might think it's amizazing, but to him, it'd probably be torture. So I finally rented it, and it makes me happy in my heart. I really like the nods they made to the original Hairspray movie. I'm sure I didn't catch them all, but Jon Waters was the flasher, Ricki Lake was one of the agents, Jerry Stiller was the dress guy (but that didn't really play out like the original), and they cast a guy (John Travolta) as the part of the mom. I'm sure there's much more, but it's been at least a decade (yikes) since I've seen the first movie. Now I want to go rent it and see it again, though. I just love song and dance.

1 comment: